Uddeholm Rigor is a medium alloyed tool steel with a good resistance to both the abrasive and adhesive types of wear as well as good resistance to cracking. This combination makes Uddeholm Rigor an all purpose tool steel for medium run cold work applications.
- Short tool making lead times
- Safe and consistent production
- Good tooling economy for short and medium run tooling
- Uddeholm Rigor is a tool steel offering good tooling economy for short and medium run tooling when the cost of making the tool is a significant portion of the total cost for producing the required number of parts
- Uddeholm Rigor is a medium alloyed cold work tool steel with a very good balance between tool performance properties and tool making properties
- Uddeholm Rigor has a good hardenability and can therefore be used for larger short and medium run tools
In East/South East Asia countries served by Assab, Uddeholm Rigor is sold as XW-10.
- Medium wear resistance (mixed type of wear profile)
- High hardness and compressive strength
- Good hardenability
- Good machinability and grind-ability
- Good resistance to chipping and cracking