Uddeholm Sverker 3 is a high alloyed tool steel suitable for medium and long run tooling in applications where a very good abrasive wear resistance is needed. Uddeholm Sverker 3 contains large carbides which are advantageous for abrasive wear resistance but which reduce the chipping resistance.
- Uddeholm Sverker 3 is a tool steel offering good tooling economy for medium run tooling when the cost of the tool is a significant portion of the total cost for producing the required number of parts
- Uddeholm Sverker 3 is very useful in applications with very high demands on abrasive wear but where demands on chipping resistance are small, e.g. for the blanking of electrical sheets containing hard silicon oxide particles, slitting of paper and foils
- Uddeholm Sverker 3 is a tool steel with good tooling economy for medium to long run tooling in special applications where a very high abrasive wear resistance is needed
- The coarse carbides make Uddeholm Sverker 3 particularly suitable for applications where the wear is created by coarse abrasive particles as in brick pressing, tile pressing, and in the compacting of ceramic materials in general
In East/South East Asian countries served by Assab, Uddeholm Sverker 3 is sold as AS XW-5.
- Very high wear resistance (abrasive type wear profile)
- High hardness and compressive strength
- Good hardenability
- Good stability in hardening
- Good resistance to tempering back
- Low maintenance costs
- Long tool life
- Good tooling economy when abrasive wear is an issue