HIGHLY SUITABLE FOR FORGING APPLICATIONS
Uddeholm Formvar is a high performance hot work tool steel which offers a very good resistance to hot wear and plastic deformation. It is a solid upgrade choice especially from H13 and H11 forging tools on the market.
- With good tempering back resistance and hot yield strength, Uddeholm Formvar will ensure increased tool life over H13/H11 dies. This gives a longer tool life and reduced maintenance and tooling costs.
- Good temper resistance
- Good high-temperature strength
- Excellent hardenability
- Good dimensional stability throughout heat treatment and coating operations.
- Hot wear resistance 45%
- Plastic deformation resistance 45%
- Heat checking resistance 70%
- Premature cracking resistance 45%
Reference Grade Hot Work (H13)
- Hot wear resistance 40%
- Plastic deformation resistance 40%
- Heat checking resistance 40%
- Premature cracking resistance 35%