This upgraded premium H13 fulfills the superior level standard set by NADCA (North American Die Casting Association). It’s tougher than the industry standard premium H13 and a great choice for any hot work tool steels where high and reliable tool performance is needed with even higher cracking resistance. Orvar Superior is rated to NADCA tool steel standard grade B, Superior H13, 13.6 Joules/10 ft-lbs avg toughness and ASTM grain size 9 or finer.
Uddeholm Orvar Superior is a high performance steel with a good gross cracking and heat checking resistance. It has a good toughness and ductility in all directions.
- High level of resistance to thermal shock and thermal fatigue
- Good high-temperature strength
- Excellent toughness and ductility in all directions
- Good machinability and polishability
- Excellent through-hardening properties
- Good dimensional stability during hardening