Uddeholm Nimax ESR is an ESR remelted version of Uddeholm Nimax, keeping the features of Uddeholm Nimax, but with improved cleanliness and homogeneity as a result of the ESR process.
- Excellent polishing and etching properties
- Excellent machinability reduces the manufacturing time
- Easy weldability, as no preheating or post treatment necessary
- Good resistance to indentations and a minimum risk for unexpected failures, because of the high hardness in combination with a high toughness
- Safe mould and a prolonged tool life.
Examples of applications for Uddeholm Nimax ESR:
- Automotive: Head and rear light, Large interior parts
- White goods: Control panels
- Electronic: LED TV frames
- Excellent polishing and texturing properties
- Excellent machinability
- Very good welding properties
- Good resistance against indentations
- High impact and fracture toughness
- Consistent properties through large sections